Adding YouTube videos to WordPress
Embedding videos into your pages and posts is very easy – and offers a great way to plump up your content.
You can embed your own videos, as long as you’ve uploaded them to YouTube first. Or you can embed any other video you find on YouTube.
- Find the video you wish to embed on YouTube
(assuming you don’t already have the video address)
- Click the Share link (under the video)
- Under ‘Share this video’, copy the video address to the clipboard (click the ‘COPY’ button).
Notice the tick box option to start the video at a particular position (rather than from the beginning)
- Log into your WordPress Admin panel and edit the post or page you wish to add your video to.
- Locate your cursor correctly (where you want the video to appear in your content – a blank paragraph is often best) and paste the YouTube video address (previously copied in step 3). Immediately, you should find that WordPress shows the video in position.
- Click the Update button to complete.
- Test your video by viewing the page or post normally.
That’s the easy method!
For more advanced options:
Instead of using the ‘Share this video’ option in YouTube, try the ‘Embed’ option which presents you with more control over the video such as the display size and whether suggested videos are shown at the end of play.
Choose from the available options and copy the resulting HTML code provided by YouTube.
This needs to be pasted into your page in WordPress. But you must insert the copied HTML code using the ‘Text’ editing mode for the page, not the usual ‘Visual’ editing mode.
For even more options…
Try this free tool for adding YouTube videos – it’s easy to use and offers over 30 customizations: